Tuesday, January 31, 2017


Final Exam

          The final exam finally came. I was worried about it for weeks and scared that I wasn’t going to finish my products. We started the day with heading straight into the bake shop. There was no written part so that made it a lot less stressful. We had to make four products for our exam. I made challah notes for my yeast product and I brushed them with egg wash and sprinkled them with seeds for decorations. The next product I made was eclairs. I filled them with Chantilly, and glazed them with a chocolate donut glaze and a mist of icing sugar to finish it off. Another product I made was a small round tart shell and I filled it with an almond tart filling, served with Chantilly on the side. The last product I made were cookies. I made lemon swirls and added lemon zest for the topping. After we finished everything our teacher Mrs.Nikkle made spots for us to present our desserts. It all had to be plated and presented by 2:30pm. There were judges that came in and tried our food and rated it. A few mistakes I had on my products were baking the cookie a little too long and having a bit too much lemon zest on them. The tart filling slightly went over the side so that was a bit of a mistake as well. Other than that they turned out pretty good and I finished on time. It was a great semester and it was hard to say goodbye to the new friends I made and the bakeshop. It didn’t really feel like school in a way. I will miss baking every day. Now it’s back to sitting in a class room all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment