Tuesday, January 17, 2017


Challenges in the Bakeshop

           The semester is almost over. It went by so fast. The days in the bakeshop go by a whole lot faster than if you are sitting in a classroom writing. Now that the semester is nearing the end, the class is working on finishing their checklist items. The checklist has all the things our teacher Mrs. Nikkel wants us to have made at least once. There are products from each station on the checklist. Danish was one of the items we needed to have completed on our checklist and that was one thing I wasn’t looking forward to doing because I had seen other people make it and it looked difficult. However, I made it and it actually turned out really well. Macaroons was something Mrs. Nikkel had on my list for me to do for the day. I was excited to make them because I have seen them in pictures and they always look so pretty and delicious. I soon found out that they were easy to make. Getting the batter the right consistency is difficult and it takes a lot of practice, but for my first time I think they turned out pretty well. I filled them with some butter cream and they tasted delicious. Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside. I think these two baking challenges went well for the first time ever making them.
Macaroons
Danish

No comments:

Post a Comment