Tuesday, January 31, 2017

            



                        
                                             Final exam          

Today I am going to talk about the final exam that I took on Friday, the 27 of January, in 2017.   

           On the final exam day I felt a little nervous but not that nervous as I was during the week when we practiced for the exam. Once Ms. Nikkel said that Jane, Mikayla, and I   could start our exam. I just couldn’t start, it was like I had a stage fright moment. I waited until everyone was in the bakeshop and then I set myself in gear, I kept on telling myself I could do this and I did it. First I made my breaded loaf that is called challah, once it was fermenting I rolled out my tart dough that I made the previous day. The days before the exam I rolled out tart dough so many times and they all didn’t work out so I was really thinking that it wouldn’t work out again.so I was really thinking that it wouldn’t work out again but I did my best, so I was really hoping and praying that it would work out. Once my tart was chilling and my challah was fermenting, then I worked on my pate choux. When I had my pate choux in the mixer I kept a close I eye on it. When that was done mixing I looked for a piping bag and they were all greasy and gross so I first washed it, before I used it. Always if my bus tub was full then I had to do my dishes and I kept on checking on my bread that was still and my tart that was in the oven. I piped my pate choux on a baking sheet and put those in the oven. After that I did some more dishes and after that I made sugar cookies. Half way through my mixing process I realized that I hadn’t changed my recipe this morning and in that moment I was really mad at myself and I also didn’t know what I was supposed to do. I asked Jane what I was supposed to do with the big amount of the cookie dough that I had made. She told me that I wasn’t supposed to tell Ms. Nikkel about it, but I was going to tell Ms. Nikkel on Monday because if I didn’t do it I would feel a little guilt that I didn’t tell her. Do you know what I did? First I chilled the dough and then I cut it in half, one half I used and the other half I left in the cooler. Before I took out my cookie dough I took my challah out of the proofer.  I formed the braided loaf and then I put it in the proofer again to let it proof. Know it was time to make all of my sauces for all my items. First I made Chantilly for my profiteroles then I put my cookies in the oven. Then I made ganache for my tart and to dip my profiteroles in. when I was done with making my items and sauces I put them in the cooler. Wow that was some stressful day that I had but I made it through. After it was all over I was exhausted and sweaty then I really needed a shower. That was some day but God helped me through it. For that I got a really good mark I just couldn’t believe it. Here I thought I was going to fail but instead I did great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment