Friday, January 13, 2017

Baking
A while ago I made eclairs. They didn’t turn out to good because they didn’t have much volume in them. Topping them was a lot of fun and I made a biggish mess. I topped them with chocolate sauce and piped Chantilly in them. I also made strawberry chiffon pie. It was really good. I made a chocolate tart but it didn’t turn out. The crust was underdone and the filling bubbly. The filling is really easy to make. You warm up your cream and butter on the stove, pour over your chocolate and then pour over your eggs. Very simple. I have also made sugar cookies. Those are fun to ice. We made gingerbread houses for Christmas but ours was too heavy so the roof caved in. We put fondant on our roof and lots of icing on the house part. Ours was probably the most decorated. I made chocolate and caramel sauce after the break. They are really easy to make and don’t take very long. The caramel sauce smells burnt after you cook it on the stove. Our first few days bake after the break took some getting used to. We didn’t do a round of dishes in the morning and there were lots of dishes for the kitchen helpers to do.
Eclairs

strawberry chiffon pie

chocolate tart


No comments:

Post a Comment