Friday, January 13, 2017


Baking
The end of the semester is almost here. This is really sad because I won’t be able to be in the bakeshop every day. Today the ventilation system didn’t work so we couldn’t use our ovens. We could still use our stove tops so most of us made sauces or things that didn’t need to be baked in the oven. I made chocolate frosting. I made it because I want to use it for my exam and I didn’t know how to make it. It is really easy to make you just have to warm up your cream and butter in a pot, pour it over the chocolate, put it in the bowl with your icing sugar. Whisk it and add vanilla then whisk some more. To get it nice and firm you need to chill it for about 10 minutes, then whip it on high. I was going to make eclairs for practice but the ovens didn’t work. We had no school yesterday so it felt like we were coming back from the weekend. I made crepes on Tuesday and they were really good. I also made a vanilla cream pie the day before. The filling was really good and easy to make. I made a few mini chocolate tarts to practice for the exam. My last one didn’t turn out well. My crust was under done and the filling was all bubbly. This time we pre baked the crust. It worked much better. I did some baking over the holidays. I made crème brulee, bread and cupcakes.

crème brulee

vanilla cream pie

bread

cupcake


No comments:

Post a Comment