Monday, January 16, 2017

veronikas apple pie!




Veronika’s apple pie!





I have always wanted to make something really creative in the bakeshop. So today is the day! I chose to make the pate brisee pie dough for this pie because it is better to work with. So this is the recipe:



400g pastry flour

10g salt

10g sugar

200g cold butter

130g eggs

20g water

4 drops vanilla



1)Sift all your dry ingredients into a bowl

2)Cut in your butter

3)Mix your dough with you hands until it looks like bread crumbs

4)Make a hole in the middle of your dough that looks like a well

5)Mix the eggs, water, and vanilla separately and pour it in your well.

6)Mix your dough until it is a soft dough

7)Kneed the dough gently until smooth on a floured surface, such as a table or counter top.

8)Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill at least 30minutes before you use it.



Once I let the dough chill, I brought it back onto a floured surface, and rolled it out carefully because it can brake easily. Once it was rolled out, I put it in the pie tin and cut off the remaining dough with a kitchen scissors (which always works the best for pie dough).



The decorating part was actually not as hard as I thought, but I made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment