Tuesday, January 17, 2017



Midterm exam

The first thing we had to do for our midterm exam was the written part. I actually went through it quicker than I thought I would. For the practical part we had to make 4 items. 2 bread products, muffins and scones. I made white pan bread, cheese bagels, double chocolate muffins and cheese scones. My bread turned out really nice. My bagels didn’t turn out good at all. Their shape was funny. Everything went well until I steamed them. My muffins were good and so were my scones. I started out by making my pan bread. While it was mixing I scaled out the recipe for bagels. I out my pan bread in the proofer to let it ferment. Then I mixed my bagel dough. I scaled out my muffin recipe while it was mixing. I had to form the bagels right away so my muffins would have to wait. I mixed and formed my scones after everything else. I was very nervous but I did very good and finished before our time was up. We had a yeast practical a few days before our exam. I made soup buns and knotted them. It was really easy. I think I finished before or right after lunch. Making bread is very easy and fun for me. I love making bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment