Friday, January 12, 2018

Home Stretch

This is it. The last month of the semester and this class. The semester went by really fast, at least for me. But we have done and learned a lot in this class. I've learned how to make custards, creams, laminated doughs, pie, cake, bread, and many more things. I thought maybe that I would never be able to do the things that I'm doing now. Not only have I learnt a lot about these things but I've actually gotten good at making them. But also, oven times. I used to have to ask Mrs. Nikkel about the oven times for everything but now, I can do that on my own. You only have to bake your product until its done. So, when you put it into the oven, you start with a time that you deem fit for whatever you are baking. When that timer goes, you check your product and you either take it out or add a couple more minutes until it is done. Another thing to remember, is that some products will also harden as they cool so you have to be careful to not overbake them. Some examples are, gingerbread cookies and crusts. Gingerbread cookies will get hard so I take them out when they are baked but still slightly soft in the middle so that when they cool, they don't become as hard as rocks. Then, there are crusts. They can become really hard when they cool. So take those out of the oven as soon as they baked. See, this class has taught me so many things about baking that I never knew from just baking at home. I do not regret making the decision to take this class.👌

No comments:

Post a Comment