Monday, November 6, 2017

Challenge Mondays

In this course, a typical Monday starts off in the classroom, meeting up with everyone after the weekend and looking at what we need to do for the day. During this time, once everyone is seated, Mrs. Nikkel will tell us what our challenge of the day will be. Some days it will be easy, others will be more challenging, but that's the point. These challenges put our technical skills and creativity to the test, seeing if we can create something tasty and pleasing to the eye.
A few weeks ago the challenge was pumpkin. I had never made a cake alone before, so I did just that! I made a coffee infused chocolate pumpkin cake, filled and iced with cream cheese pumpkin  spice icing, topped with chopped up toasted pecans, and a border of pecan halves around the perimeter of the top of the cake. The cake was meant to be rustic looking, it was fall! I was quite pleased with how this turned out and only took me a few hours to make! I will definitely be making this again for Thanksgiving next year for all of my family to enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment