Friday, November 3, 2017


I have enjoyed some of the things I have been able to make since we first started with The Baking & Pastry Arts course. One of which was the Watermelon Macarons. I made these Macarons using a different technique to smoothen them before I let them rest which I thought was a very good new way of getting them smooth. While making them, I coloured them all a light pink and sprinkled them with black sesame seeds to look like watermelon, and coloured the filling green, and added a watermelon flavouring. I had a lot  fun making these because I have never made any macarons not only taste like fruit, but also like it.




Another thing that I really enjoyed making was a Peanut Butter Cheesecake. I really like the way it turned out once it was portioned and decorated. I choose to drizzle it with chocolate glaze because I feel like peanut butter and chocolate fit really well together. I actually enjoyed making this cheesecake so much I decided to make another one at home, and also decided to play around with the flavour and made a second one at home but used Nutella instead of the Peanut Butter, and it was excellent. I put the Cheesecake into the freezer before we ate it so to let it chill a little bit more, and forgot about it. Once I took it out it was almost fully frozen and looked kind of like ice cream and my whole family loved it because it was cheesecake that had the texture of ice cream, but the flavour of Nutella. I really enjoyed making all these cheesecakes and would like to make it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment