Friday, November 3, 2017



For my first Chefs Table I made Puff Pastry Apple Roses, I was pushing my limits with this because I have never made anything like this before. It was difficult and I didn't do it on my own. Vanessa and Lena helped me, I would not have had enough time if they didn't help. To make the roses I cut the puff pastry into even rectangles, about 2'' by 10''. Then I spread whipped cream cheese with added sugar on the rectangle sprinkled with cinnamon, I put 4-5 apple (that were thinly sliced and microwaved in a bowl with water and lemon) on the puff pastry, folded the pastry in half and rolled them to look like a rose. The first few looked bad but with some practice we got the hang of it. When I baked them I wrapped tin foil on top of the pan so the apples wouldn't burn but with the one pan the tin foil fell off so those were nice and crunchy. I preferred the overbakes ones because the others were too soft, but everyone loved them. I was afraid I wasn't going to have enough, I think I made 32 or 34, there were 4 leftover, and I took them home. I enjoyed making them despite the time crunch, the roses were stressful, I was very proud to be the first Chef to make something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment