Friday, November 3, 2017

All Over The Place

In the third month of this semester, time is going by quicker than I expected. I love being here-not necessarily this school- but the class itself. Its funny how I've done things I didn't expect to do and be so comfortable in doing so. I've made so much that its almost crazy. Of course things like cookies and muffins have already been done before but things like bagels, bread, tarts, cakes, and things with French names, those have not been done before. I've become comfortable in the kitchen and comfortable enough to know how to make things that I don't ask for as much help as I did when I first came to join this class. The things that may have annoyed me the most of all were the laminated doughs-Danish, croissant, puff pastry- kneading and kneading until you're numb and your arms are ready to fall off. The outcome is great but the process of it is really tiring. The first time I made bagels they turned out great and beautiful, the second time I made bagels they were wrinkly and we had to use them for bread crisps, and the third time I made bagels they turned out beautiful all over again. I have fun in this class. You always hear the culinary class yelling and banging around, it just seems so stressful and scary. I'm thankful I took bakeshop inside of Culinary. I am to be Dessert Chef for Chef's table next week and haven't figured out what I'm going to make. I'm thinking about it though. As I read this over I realize this post may have been all over this place but nothing around here is always perfectly in order, we always find ways to figure out things anyway. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment