Monday, November 6, 2017

Chef's Table dessert


At least once a year you must participate in a lunch called Chef’s table, if you are in the bakery and pastry arts program, you must prepare a dessert that is at your difficulty level and must feed 30 people.
 For my dessert, I made “The Severed Head of Cakenstein”. He is a 6-layer vanilla white velvet cake tie-dyed with various colors for each layer, then filled with vanilla buttercream dyed a light green, then covered in fondant, making it look like Frankenstein’s monster! I had two other smaller cakes served on the side just iced the green vanilla buttercream and topped with green sprinkles He took me about 10 hours to make, but it was a labor of love.
I was so happy that I could practice the skills I’m going to be using for when I open my very own bakery. This course has given me such unique opportunity, letting me have all this hands on learning I need for this practice, and while I’m still in high school! It gives me the confidence I need to pursue my dream of owning my own bakery, and each day I feel one step closer to that goal!





No comments:

Post a Comment