Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Chefs Table

 
For Chefs Table I made a chocolate peppermint cake. It was almost Christmas so I chose to make something festive! To start I used my favorite chocolate cake recipe and added some peppermint extract to it. I split the batter between two round pans and baked them. While the cakes baked, I made two frostings, a simple buttercream and an Italian meringue buttercream, the simple buttercream was colored pink. When the cake was baked, I leveled them but kept the scraps so I could make mini trifles later. To layer the cake, I put both frostings in piping bags, starting with the Italian buttercream. I put one ring around the edge of the cake then with the simple buttercream and alternated until I reached the center, creating a candy cane effect. Then I put the cake together, crumb coated it and chilled it. I used the Italian buttercream to ice the cake, when the cake was nicely shaped I crushed candy canes and put them on the bottom of the cake. The simple buttercream was used to make pink rosettes on top, for a final detail I toped the cake with the crushed candy canes. Lastly, I made trifle in plastic cups with the cake scraps and leftover icing. When it came time for chefs table everyone loved it! I was told it was the best yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment