Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Better Late Then Never

So, even though it's pretty late in the semester-only 2 weeks left- I'm still making new recipes. Like éclairs. I made them for the first time last week and had so much fun. Éclairs are like cream puffs only in a longer version of them. You make the dough in a pot and mix the eggs into the dough using a mixer to create a pipe able dough. You bake them until they are the color you want and then you put them in a lower temperature oven to dry out until they are hard and hollow with no wetness inside. Another thing I made for the first time was macarons. These cookies are picky so you have to make the batter right. They are probably the most intimidating cookies that I will ever make. So, since I was intimidated there was only one thing to do. I got my friend to help.😂 They turned out really well in the end so I was impressed. For my first time, I did really well and I was really happy about that. The only thing was that when they were baking, the heat wasn't evenly distributed so that some of the macarons were baked lopsided. I had them flavored coffee, so they were really good.

 These are the éclairs that I made. I used cinnamon pastry cream as the filling. First try.
These are the macarons that I made. I flavored them coffee. as you can see on the sides there are some macarons that are a bit lopsided. First try.

No comments:

Post a Comment