Wednesday, November 5, 2014



Yeast station
Yup, hardest station so far, for sure. In this station I have learned how to bake donuts, cinnamon buns, bagels, hamburger buns, soup buns and croissants. Yeast station takes a lot of time and patience, which I am not that great at, something I can definitely improve in. My favorite part is when you take the cinnamon buns out of the oven and there is a stem of a wonderful smell of fresh baked cinnamon buns. I also learned that croissants are layers of butter and dough, that’s probably why they’re so delicious, the more calories the better the taste. When working with croissants and Danish dough we use this step called Folding, which is a method where you are deflating the dough to get all the air out of the dough, but also folding the dough multiple layers. The yeast station turned out to be really short, because Tuesday we had a field trip to Winnipeg to learn about grains/wheat and Friday was no school. Luck was on my side that week. Even though the week was short, I still learned to bake a lot of different varieties of yeast products.





1 comment:

  1. I'm very jealous and so would Mrs. Wiebe be (school secretary)....I cannot do this....way to go!

    ReplyDelete