Monday, November 24, 2014

Tournant


About 2 weeks ago I was tournant in the bake shop which means helping the other students in the bake shop that need help and doing some other things that you get assigned to do. On my first day I helped a girl that was making a peanut butter s’mores cake which looked really pretty. I also helped form loafs that turned out really nice. On Tuesday I made chocolate frosting and scaled out fondant for a cake. I also made bagel dough and formed them; I made 2 different kinds of flavors, cheese and chocolate chips. The next day I made white velvet cake which is a two stage method. When I mixed it together the milk was to cold so the soft butter got cold and really clumpy (which is not how it’s supposed to be).  Once I but the cake in the oven the butter melted and the cake was all normal again. The next week I was the kitchen manager. Being the kitchen manager is one of the hardest stations for me because you are responsible for checking the quotas and making sure stuff gets brought out throughout the day. The next week I was in tarts where I made a chocolate banana tart  and a walnut tart and both of them turned out really pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment