Monday, November 24, 2014

yeast station


A few weeks ago I was in the yeast raised station which for me has been the hardest so far, but I still enjoyed it. On my first day I made soft roll dough for the first time it was really fun! I formed the dough into soup buns.  During that week I also made cinnamon buns that week, the dough was really hard to roll out, but I had someone to help me so I didn’t have to do it on my own.  On Wednesday I had to make hamburger buns for Thursday which is hamburger day. Making hamburger buns took me a while because I had to make a bunch. I also made loaves which I haven’t ever done before so that was new to me but I had a lot of fun and they turned out really nice…  The next week which was week seven I was in the cookie station. There I made checkerboard cookies. The cookies tasted really good but they didn’t look like a checkerboard. I made a mistake by rolling out the dough to thin. That week I also had to cut up date squares nicely for an event. We also went to the Canadian Grains commission in Winnipeg where I learned a lot of new things and had a lot of fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment