Monday, November 24, 2014

tarts


 

HI everybody. I want to share with you a little bit of my third week in baking class since in the second week I was kitchen manager which isn’t fun to be and not fun to talk/write about. So in my third week I was in the tart section which was surprisingly very fun and easy. Some things I learned there are: how to roll out a tart shell, how to make tart dough and how to make a filling for the tart. I made a lemon tart which turned out really well and I made a Linzer tart which has raspberry jam in it and that turned out really well as well. Another thing that I did was garnish the tarts which I really enjoy doing because you get to make them all fancy and cover up the part of the tart that fell apart. I am really excited for the next week when I’m going to be in the quick breads and pastries section, which should be fun. I’m looking forward to writing about my fourth week in the bakeshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment