Friday, October 31, 2014


A couple weeks ago I was in the cookie station, and I would have to say that it’s probably my favourite station. I’ve always really enjoyed baking cookies and baked goods similar to cookies. When I was in this station I didn’t get the chance to actually make cookies because we had enough made already, but I got to make nanaimo bars which is one of my favourites. I also got the chance to make granola bars. I’ve never made either one before so it was a new experience for me. I didn’t think that granola bars would be that simple to make, but with the recipe that I had all you had to do was gather your ingredients and just throw everything in a bowl together and mix. With the nanaimo bars is wasn’t quite that simple because they have three parts to them. So first you have to make the bottom or crust, and then you have to make the filling, then you have to make the chocolate to spread over top of them. Then you can put it together. The steps themselves though like making the bottom, the filling and the chocolate topping I found wasn’t really that hard. It’s just a longer process I guess because there are three steps to these bars. - Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment