Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Tart station


So this week I got to have the pleasure of making tarts. Probably my favorite station so far , my favorite part is when I get to decorate the tarts, there are tons of idea of how you what to garnish you’re dessert. I have made a chocolate tart, almond tart, plum tart, and my favorite , the  coconut tart. That week flew by so fast, that before I knew it I was on my next station, the muffin station. The muffin station isn’t too bad, except if you make 10X the recipe, and mess up all the ingredients. That was a bit of a disaster, I would say. My week task for the following week was cakes, which is amazing I am still a beginner but I think I am doing pretty well. I had the pleasure of making a three layered cream cheese carrot cake. I cut the three cakes in half, with a very sharp knife, and of course had to cut my finger. I guess it runs in my family. Speaking of family, my mom’s birthday is coming up and I was thinking of baking something for her. I want to bake a fresh fruit tart with vanilla pudding and I hope everything turns out just right.  

3 comments: