Tuesday, October 7, 2014


Last year I was in NPC’s culinary class, which I really enjoyed. The reason I chose to take that class is because I like cooking. Then this year they offered a baking coarse and I’ve always liked baking more than cooking so I thought why not take it. The baking consists of two levels and since this is the first year the baking has been offered we are all in level one. In this course there are six different stations which are tarts and pastries, cookies, yeast raised products, quick breads and muffins, pies and custards, and also kitchen manager. Every week we take turns rotating through the different station, so we all get a chance to experience what each station is like. Last week was the first week of class and my job was the kitchen manager. So I was in charge of doing the laundry throughout the day and also making sure the dishes are done when they need to be, also just making sure all the cleaning that we needed to do in the afternoon got done. This week I am on tarts and pastries. So far throughout the week I have made pizza pops, a lemon tart, a chocolate coconut tart, a chocolate tart, and tart dough. -by Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment