Wednesday, September 14, 2016


First Week at the Bake Shop

My first week at the bake shop has been a lot of fun! I wasn’t quite sure what to expect coming into this class but it’s been great so far. If your someone who loves baking and hates to sit in a classroom it’s perfect for you. I was quite nervous coming into it because I had no friends but you make friends quickly. It’s such a fun experience. The first day everything looks complicated but you learn quickly how to do things and where to find things. It is disappointing when you make something and it doesn’t turn out like you wanted it to or how it was supposed to, but It’s just that much better when you do it right. A great part of being in the baking program is getting a free cafeteria special each day, the one part I don’t like about it is all the cleanup that has to be done everyday and having a different lunch period then everyone else because I like to catch up with my other friends outside of baking. The things I have made so far are chocolate chip muffins, Banana chocolate chip muffins, zucchini pecan loaf, Double chocolate chip muffins and cheese scones. I really have enjoyed making these things and I’m excited to be doing cookies tomorrow. I think this semester is going to fly by instead of sitting in a boring class learning about stuff you don’t care about and looking at the clock every 5 minutes you get to be busy working in a bakeshop making all sorts of different things from cakes to yeast products and many other recipes. The day goes by very quickly. I am looking forward to the rest of the semester and hopefully next year as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment