Thursday, September 15, 2016


My First Blog Post

Today was the last day of our first station. I was in the cookie and squares station and up until today I had only made chocolate chip cookies. I also made the dough for peanut butter chocolate chip cookies yesterday. I had to scoop out the dough and make them into balls using the cookie scoop today. I still haven’t baked them yet but I can’t wait to see how they turn out. I also made brownies. Again I haven’t baked them or made the icing. The next person on the cookies and squares station will have to. I can’t wait to see what my next station will be.
When we get to the bakeshop in the morning we have to be in full uniform and have washed our hands. Then if we start a new recipe we have to copy it done in a notebook. After we scale out ingredients and follow the recipe. Its exciting when you take out your product from the oven and having it just like you wanted it.

I can’t wait to see what else I get to make in the bakeshop. I’m looking forward to making cake and cupcakes. I love decorating them. I really want to learn how to make macaroons. I love working in the bakeshop. It took us awhile to figure out where everything is. I still don’t. I have to learn how to work a little faster because at home you can work at your own pace and usually that is slower than here. I can’t wait to try out my new skills at home. It’s really challenging trying not to lick the batter just a little bit (which I do often at home). I’m excited to make lots of new recipes. I’ll share my experience with you through posts, pictures and maybe videos.    

No comments:

Post a Comment