Thursday, September 15, 2016


The first week in baking was quite interesting because I got used to wearing a bakeshop uniform and working neatly in a certain space as well as using various sorts of methods and tools. Everything here is so much different than at home! We must stay very clean whenever we’re in the kitchen, begin with copying the recipe we’re writing into our notebooks, and scaling out all of our ingredients. The good thing in baking & pastry  is that you have to clean up after yourselves, that I actually had to get used to. First week is over and I have already learned so much I already made soup buns, breakfast buns, Bagels, Soft roll dough (mini loafs), Amish style Pretzel, pizza dough, and helped making cinnamon buns. It is so fun baking if you understand what you have to bake and if it turns out well. Something that I learned already is how to roll the dough so if you put it in the proofer that they rise all in the same time. At home we never rolled the dough like I do now, its way easier and faster too. When I took this baking course my mom was so worried that I would get fat, and it’s not true at all since we don’t eat everything we bake we freeze it or it comes to the cafeteria right a way. This baking course is a million times better than sitting in a classroom and learn about the 19th centuries, or learning English. If you don’t like those courses you have you must take baking & Pastry its easy, awesome and fun. At first I was so nervous taking this course because this school was brand new for me, and I didn’t have any friends, but you make friends very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment