Tuesday, June 14, 2016

My last post


 
For our last assignment of the year, we had to for fill out an order for a customer which was actually a teacher who asked for a dessert. My teacher was Angela Klassen, who was really excited about the order, plus she is super nice. Her order included 16 chocolate cupcake filled with chocolate mousse, 16 lemon raspberry cupcake, that needed to be summer themed. I had a few idea prepared to our next meeting with the “customer”, where I had printed lots of different picture of cupcake with a summer theme. She decided to go with the fondant flowers and buttercream grass/flowers design. I had two days to prepare this dessert. My white velvet cupcake where nice and rounded, but when I baked my chocolate cupcakes they deflated and looked like elephants had trampled all over them. Those where NOT the cupcakes that I was going to present, so I had to start over and make another chocolate batter recipe. On my second try there turned out better than the previous once, and I wasn’t going to make a third batter, plus I was running out of time. In the end everything came together and worked out nicely. Really happy to have this experience with these amazing people and an awesome teacher, and lets not forget Mrs. Russel who always kept the day in the bakeshop interesting and lots of fun. Totally going to miss this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment