Thursday, September 24, 2015

Home


Finally I get to be in the NPC Kitchen. The first day of school felt like coming home. Sure, it was disorienting to get into the rhythm of the bakeshop with new equipment, new people and a new schedule. Still, baking all day and learning… USEFUL …math is my personal heaven.            

 Especially the equipment is difficult to get used to. My thermomixer at home operates totally different, but not in all cases better. The bigger range and better quality of ingredients is also an adjustment. I used Glycerin and Gelatin powder within the first ½ week. The first time, ever, I did too.

The text book… oh the text book. When I think about giving it up at the end of the semester I almost want to cry. All that beautiful, delicious knowledge laying within. Ah!!

 
It’s only been 1 ½ weeks and I’ve learned so much. I have made

White Velvet Cake

Chocolate Cake

Carrot Cake (First time)

Scones (Also a first)

Cookies

Muffins

                                And even Fondant(Definitely a
first)!

Just today I made MACARONSJJJ    they did not really turn out, at allL!

However, I learned quite a bit, a crazy lot actually. So tomorrow I get to try again. Tonight I’ll pray for the best and then apply my newly acquired knowledge.

2 comments:

  1. Entertaining post! Glad you are enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very articulate, did you know that? 😊

    ReplyDelete