Monday, September 21, 2015

Baking and Pecan Pie


Hello,

Baking is so much fun! I love making new things that I’ve never made before. So far I have made chocolate chip cookies, pie shells, tart shells, pecan pie, chocolate pudding, chocolate cake, cake pop mix and cinnamon bun pan glaze. I look forward to baking every morning. I also love to taste test the food! So far I have been in the pies and tarts section, cakes and custards section and now I’m the manager. Being the manager isn’t that bad. The sections go like so: Manager, Muffins, Cookies, Cookies, Yeast, Yeast, Yeast, Pies and Tarts and Cakes and Custard. We rotate sections every three days. I have been through two sections and right now I’m just starting one.

The best thing that ive made is the pecan pie. After I made it I cut it into eight slices and put them on plates. Then I made whipped cream and put some on the slices using a piping bag. Then I put some leaves of mint on the whipped cream. Lastly I put a pecan on each whip cream dollop. After I wrapped it up and put it in the cafeteria. The pie looked so good.

-Shailyn

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are enjoying baking so much. I hope you got to try a piece of your pie!

    ReplyDelete