Monday, September 21, 2015

Cookies

My first week in baking and pastry arts was spent in the cookies station. I really enjoyed this station because I got to make a bunch of different kinds of brownies and cookies. I was quite worried about my desserts not turning out since it was my first week in the bakery but I think most of my desserts turned out pretty good. I think my having taken the culinary class last year really helped me feel a lot more comfortable in the bakeshop because we had to do quite a bit of baking in culinary to, and we learned some of the mixing methods. I think my favourite thing I made at the cookies station were the peanut butter brownies, which were made up of a brownie layer at the bottom then an icing and also chocolate drizzle and peanuts on top. It was a really sweet dessert but it looked and tasted really good. I also made double chocolate cookies and just normal brownies. This first week in class we also spent quite a bit of time of cleaning and sanitation and just learning the basic formulas we'll be using. So far I'm only able to finish one recipe per day but I can see that with some time the process will speed up and I'll get more done in one day.

Peanut Butter Brownies

1 comment:

  1. Those brownies look scrumptious and turned out very well! Great post!

    ReplyDelete