Monday, September 15, 2014

Special Tarts and Pastries






On my first week of attending the baking and pastry arts program I worked in the Special Tarts and Pastries station. I learnt how to make tart dough and fillings using different methods like the creaming method, which gets used a lot. Decorating the desserts was my favorite part. Using the piping bag to make rosettes and adding fruits and mint leaves were my highlights in this station. There is a lot of time and effort put into desserts especially cakes because there are three main different steps. These steps include making the dough, then making the filling and lastly cutting it into slices and decorating. This week I’m in the Quick breads and Cakes station and I’m really excited to bring some of my own recipes into my station.

No comments:

Post a Comment