Sunday, September 21, 2014

 

A little known fact that many of my friends and family are aware of is the fact that I love to bake (obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have willingly enrolled myself in a baking program), but I must admit, I'm not the most creative when it comes to icing stuff and garnishing desserts. I love making brownies and cookies and banana bread because there isn't as much pressure to make them look all fancy and pretty afterwards, but when it comes to cupcakes and cakes of sorts, you may have to pull my leg a bit before I agree to making any. Nevertheless, today I decided I needed some practice with my icing skills and made a batch of lemon cupcakes for my family. Once the cupcakes were out of the oven and had cooled I whipped up some homemade lemon-flavoured butter cream icing and began piling some into my piping bag. After looking on Google for some inspiration, I started my journey, and I must admit I'm actually kind of pleased with how some of them turned out. Of course I need quite a bit more practice, but that's why this baking program is so wonderful. I'm getting hands-on experience every day in a bakeshop with a wonderful teacher. I can't wait till level two when we get more into cakes and stuff like that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, but I have to entirely disagree with you. These cupcakes are beautiful! More than I could do for sure.

    ReplyDelete