Saturday, June 16, 2018

Frozen Choc. Hazelnut Mousse


                For the frozen dessert practical I made chocolate, hazelnut frozen mousse. I made the mousse and a chocolate cage to surround it, added some whipped cream and toasted hazelnuts on top and I was done.  The mousse took longer to freeze then I expected but it was just frozen enough to handle when I added the chocolate cage.
                A requirement  for the practical was that we make just enough for two desserts,  so the amount of hazelnuts I needed was very small, too small  to use the food processor. I thought if I used a knife and tried to chop the hazelnuts into small pieces it would work, it didn't. Most of the nuts sunk to the bottom before the mousse froze. Next time I would try using a coffee grinder,  and maybe find a faster way to freeze the mousse. The good thing about making such a small portion was that I could use couverture chocolate, which was great because when I tried making the mousse with regular chocolate chips it was grainy and not as smooth. All in all I think I did okay. 


No comments:

Post a Comment