Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Life in the Bakeshop


It is currently the fourth day of Bakeshop class and as I’m sitting here composing a blog I realize two things: I’ve never written a blog and I’ve already learnt a lot. the idea of my words being posted on a site for everyone to see is -if not already strange- is a little intimidating. Who knows if someone would be judging!? But since they wouldn’t know who I was and would be reading it on a screen I don’t have to hear it. So, I guess it isn’t too bad, having people read what I write. This school though, is a strange experience. The first thing that happens when you walk through the doors is having people stare at you as the commons area is right in front of you. There are not very many halls yet finding the classroom you need to be in is still confusing. the anthem is played between the first and second periods which is something to get used to. Also, since this school is new to me and not my home school, it leaves you missing the school that you know and the friends that you can hardly see anymore. But in the class, I am learning so much. For example, at the beginning of this week, I made chocolate pudding from scratch for the very first time. I was uncertain in how it would turn out and some small part of me worried about burning it. But when I finished putting it all together, I was surprised-but also pleased- by the outcome. It was rich in flavor and creamy in the mouth. It was delicious. And then yesterday, I made crème brulee. I didn’t know what it looked like, what it smelt like, or what it tasted it. I’ve only ever heard of it. But again, I was pleased with it. I created it and tasted it and it was sweet and quite pleasant. I’ve learned that it tastes better cold, well at least for me. I continue this class hoping that I can learn much more and hoping that I don’t burn anything.😆

No comments:

Post a Comment