Thursday, September 14, 2017

I am enjoying the Baking class, because you experience different things and get to bake. I baked a raisin pie on Monday and made soup buns on Wednesday and started making Bagels, it is fun, but I always have to make sure the dough is not clumpy, because I need a smooth dough. When I made the raisin pie, the dough was really fine and crack able, so I had to be careful that the pie shell doesn't brake, but the pie turned out good. Once I tries out a Lemon Meringue Pie at home, but the filling was really flowy, but then I found out what my mistake was. I enjoy baking at home and trying out more complicated things, because the more things you try out the better you get. Once we baked cookies at home and then it smelled like something was burnt, and I was right, the bottom of the cake was black, and the inside raw. That was so weird, then we made cookies and they also were in the same situation, so then we didn't bake for a while, but we found out that our oven was broken a bit, but thankfully Sawatzky's Appliances fixed our oven😄. I always work in the kitchen at home and help my mom making cakes. If I am bored and don't know what to do then I go and start baking. My mom is also a great Baker, if she makes something, it goes away very fast, because it tastes good. Usually when I bake something it turns out good, but it doesn't go away that fast(probably because I made it). I am hoping to get better in the future and know more baking methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment