Thursday, May 26, 2016

Top It Off With Something Sweet!


For the last couple of weeks we have been working with a lot of fruit. I’ve made a tart tatin, which is like an apple pie made with caramelized apples and puff pastry. I’ve also made apricot jellies and compote, as well as poached pears. The poached pears were perfectly poached with a perfect amount of vanilla and star anise.

Last week we had a black box challenge. We all got a tray of ingredients and we had to figure out a plated dessert to make with all the ingredients. I got kiwis, pineapple, sesame seeds, and coffee beans. With these ingredients I decided to make a sesame seed sweet tart shell with coffee pastry cream in the middle. Then I topped it off with blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, poached pear, and caramelized pineapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment