Thursday, May 26, 2016


Midterm exam

It’s been a while since I wrote my last blog, but there is just so much to talk about when you are in this baking course. First of all, if you love eating delicious desserts you should serious consider taking this course. My favorite dessert that I enjoyed making and eating, was my chocolate truffle with chocolate ganache filling. For my midterm exam we had to make a five strand braid, three eclairs, mousse, and soufflé. That is what we had to for our practical, there was also a written part that gave with it. I always feel really nervous and stressed out about the whole exam part, but as soon as I get to the bakery, it feels like a normal day just like any other. My five strand braid was made with a sweet dough, which made it very soft and rich in sweetness. The mousse turned out alright, a little more liquid than I wanted it to be, but still had a great chocolaty taste. The eclairs where filled with french coffee buttercream and finished off with milk chocolate dipped and white chocolate drizzled over. I kept the same flavor from the mousse and made chocolate soufflé. I decorated the soufflé with Chantilly swirl and drizzled caramel. Till next time.  

By: Anna kran  

No comments:

Post a Comment