Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Bakeshop Delicacies


We’ve been back in the bakeshop for about four weeks now. I have been in the yeast station, pies & tarts station, cakes & custards station, the muffin station, manager, and now I’m back in the yeast station. In the last couple of weeks I worked on a feuille D’Automne and an iced yellow butter cake. I also made ice cream sandwiches and coconut truffles as well as some other things.

A few weeks ago there was a group of about twenty people that had lunch here. The culinary students prepared lunch for them and the bakeshop students prepared the dessert. A few days before the lunch, all the bakeshop students prepared their own plated desserts and then we chose which one we wanted to do. I created a dessert called raspberry millefeuille. It was a light dessert prepared with almond tuiles, whipped cream, and raspberries.  

Butter Cake
 
raspberry millefeuille
 
feuille D’Automne
 
Vanilla Ice Cream
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment