Friday, January 23, 2015

My final blog


The final exam coming up this Tuesday. That means semester is coming to an end, which is pretty sad because I’m actually really starting to enjoy working in the bakeshop. This week I baked puff pastry filled with almond filling and another type filled with pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni, which I must say were in fact delicious. The next day I baked a blueberry pie, it turned out okay I guess but it was not my favorite personally, for some reason I don’t enjoy fruit pies, but that’s just me. Wednesday was our field trip; we went to Steinbach Nature’s farms where we learnt about chickens and eggs mainly, but also a little about pasta. We didn’t have enough time to eat at a restaurant so instead we ordered eight different types of pizza’s from Pizza hut. On Thursday I made an unbaked key lime pie for the first time, it had a strange flavor but if you like lemon lime flavor then you should definitely try it. Last week on Friday I believe, we had to plate our desserts professionally; my dessert was a strawberry cream cheese pie. First layer was Oreo cookie crumbs, then ordinal vanilla cream cheese and to top it off strawberry cream cheese. I even have a picture of how it all came out in the end. Hope you like it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment