Friday, January 23, 2015

Plated Dessert Assignment


Last week Friday we all had to decide on a dessert to make for an assignment in the bakeshop. So I decided I would make a dessert called pavlova because it’s not a common dessert that you here about every day and I had only made it one other time before in the bakeshop. If you’re not sure what that is, it’s just egg whites and sugar that you mix in the mixer until soft peaks form. Then you put that into a piping bag and pipe it onto a baking sheet in a circle as big as you want and then you bake it. Then after they are baked you pipe whipped cream on top and I garnished mine with strawberries and raspberries and then strawberry sauce. You don’t have to garnish them with fruit you could just garnish with chocolate and caramel sauce and a piece of chocolate on top of that. Or really anything else you wanted but I think those are the most common garnishes for this type of dessert. I got the chance to taste the pavlova and for myself personally it wasn’t really my favorite I think it might have been the texture I didn’t like. I found the topping was better than the pavlova itself. JR

No comments:

Post a Comment