Tuesday, March 6, 2018

First Black Box!


            Almonds, coffee and sweet potatoes, these were our ingredients for our first black box challenge. I had never tasted sweet potatoes before, so I went with a brownie. I mixed the sweet potato in with the batter and added almonds and just a bit of coffee. For the glaze I mainly used coffee, milk and chocolate chips. The glaze ended up being a bit runny, but after a few minutes in the fridge it was set.
Since I had time left I decided to do a sweet potato latte to go along with the brownie. Everything was good until I added the sweet potato, it was very bad. I redid the recipe, this time with out the sweet potato and added some cream.
If I were to do this recipe again I would add a bit more sugar into the brownie batter, add more chocolate chips to the glaze to make it thicker, and last of all I would bake it in a smaller pan for a thicker brownie.
All things considered I enjoyed the dessert, though it wasn’t the best brownie ever it was still a fun challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment