Friday, October 28, 2016

Bakeshop

I have been very busy in the bakeshop lately. I am currently in the yeast station which is my favourite station. I love bread and making bread is so much fun. I love seeing how big the dough gets after we proof or ferment it. I am going to make challah today. I have already made the dough. I just need to roll it out and braid it. Yesterday we made hamburger buns. Boy, are those a lot of work. It went by quite quickly and our dough wasn’t as sticky as the other time we made them. It is a lot of fun pressing done the buns after they have been proofed. They also made a funny sound as the air comes out of them. We still need to cut them and send them off to the cafeteria for burger day. A few days ago I made macarons. I was so excited. I really wanted to make them and I realized that they aren’t that hard to make. I thought that it was going to be this long complicated process with a lot of steps. They turned out ok. I did leave them out over night so they crusted over too much.    
Macarons!!!
Cinnamon buns

No comments:

Post a Comment