Thursday, November 12, 2015

Two Months In The Bakeshop

After two months in the bakeshop I am definitely getting way more comfortable and quicker in the bakeshop. Since my last post, which was about my experience at the yeast station I have been through pies and tarts, cakes and custards, muffins, cookies and back to yeast. While I was at the pies and tarts station I rolled out quite a few pie crusts, which was definitely a challenge and something I'll need to improve upon. After that, at the cakes and custards station, I made cake donuts which was definitely new to me and interesting to try. Then came the stage I was most nervous for.. being manager. This stage was not as difficult as I expected but definitely different than being at the other stations since you are in charge of making sure everything is done and clean at the end of the day. After those three days going to the muffins station seemed like it was quite the easy task since this station basically required me to make muffins and scones. Then back to my favorite station of  cookies, which I once again enjoyed. Then back to yeast, which I'm enjoying more this time than last.
Snickers Squares
The Birthday cupcake I got from the class!!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment